Please follow and like us:
RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Google+
http://training-gems.com/importance-employee-behavior-food-manufacturing-industry/
Twitter
LinkedIn

Realization

Food manufacturing and beverage production companies are learning more and more why coaching employee behaviors must be a consistent component in their growth strategy. According to FoodManufacturing.com, nearly 53% of all plants today maintain ongoing training for their employees. The other 47% is divided between just a few days, 1 week, and 2-3 weeks of training.

A properly trained and engaged team of employees is the key components of business growth and reaching goals. The greatest challenge to food and beverage manufacturing businesses is the simple lack of time for training their employees. In fact, 51% of the people in the food industry surveyed agreed with this.

Employee Behavior in the Workplace

Experience shows that employees continue to make mistakes even after passing tests that confirm their comprehension of the subject. The combination of classroom training and hands-on applications on the regular basis will give food-manufacturing companies the best possible result.

But since food safety practices don’t really translate well to appropriate employee behavior in the workplace, your employee’s knowledge may dwindle just as fast as it was learned. The goal is to move this important information from your employee’s short-term memory to their long-term memory through various coaching methods.

Food manufacturing companies usually acknowledge the need for refresher courses to get employees back on track, but often the lack the time and/or resources can make this difficult or less effective. The failure to ensure the proper food safety compliance and quality control opens up food manufacturers or processors to legal issues, costly recalls, and loss of sales.

Factors Affecting Employee Behavior

Focusing on behavior in the workplace is not new. Behavioral philosophers, management and business owners have long understood that behavior has a great influence on success and goal achievement. Behavior is often evaluated by U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) during their audits.

Food processing and manufacturing employees’ who lack motivation stems from a variety of factors ranging from ineffective training, poor supervision & support, bad work conditions, and adapting to new job responsibilities.

The goal has always been to influence behavior day in and day out so food safety, plant safety, and compliance is everyone’s top priority. Without a routine focus on proper behavior and procedure, employees get complacent and lose accountability. Behavior has to be routinely observed, corrected when needed, and endorsed.

Coaching Employee Behavior

Training Gems has successfully taught leadership skills to fortune 100 food operation and manufacturing companies for the past 20 years. Our results are measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely. Building stronger businesses one leader at a time, one team at a time!

Here’s how Training Gems can help your plant(s):

  • We’ll address derailing behavior that stands in the way of advancement.
  • We will increase self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
  • We’ll improve leadership skills and performance to increase impact and influence.
  • We will enhance the execution capacity and interactions of a team.
  • We’ll foster a greater commitment to accountability.

View more about our food manufacturing business coaching program and start reaching new heights of performance and productivity with your employees, not to mention your bottom line! Let us handle the coaching so you can concentrate on your business.